My friend Amy passed a banana bread recipe along to me that I had been wanting to try. Last week we found ourselves with a surplus of VERY overripe bananas.
I tweaked the original recipe a little bit and whipped up some delicious muffins. We also found that these freeze very well.
Makes: 24 muffins
You will need:
- 10 ripe bananas, smashed
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Use a wooden spoon to mix melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix sugar, eggs and vanilla into the banana mixture.
- Sprinkle in baking soda and salt and mix together.
- Add the flour by half cups and mix.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until just blended.
- Pour batter into slightly greased muffin tins (or use cupcake liners).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool.