Fresh garden veggies and herbs meet locally raised turkey – yum!
We grilled our burgers and served them on whole grain rolls. They were topped with fresh mozzarella cheese though you could easily substitute your favorite cheese. We added lettuce, tomato slices and pickles to the final product.
Makes: 4 burgers
You will need:
- 8 oz extra lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- handful of mushrooms, diced
- 1 small zucchini, shredded
- 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- fresh basil, chopped
How to make:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Using your hands, mix all ingredients together until well blended.
- Divide into 4 equal parts.
- Roll each section into a ball and then press into a patty (I used a plastic patty press).
- Cook on the grill or on the stove top until turkey is completely cooked through.