So if you know me in real life, you know that I am NOT an overly crafty person. It’s not that I lack the inner desire to know how to sew, knit or master the fine art of puffy painting. The desire is there. The skill is not.
I came across this idea for a holiday centerpiece a couple of months ago. I bookmarked it and went back to peak at it at least 5 times before making the important decision that this was a craft that even I couldn’t screw up.
Turns out I was right – this one is so deliciously simple. And it looks AMAZING!
You will need:
- 1 mason jar (I used a quart sized jar)
- greens of your choice (I trimmed some pieces off the back of our Christmas tree)
- handful of cranberries
- floating candle (size doesn’t matter, it just needs to be able to sit in the open mouth of the mason jar)
How to make:
- Place greens in your mason jar – arrange to your liking. I literally just dumped mine in – no arranging here!
- Fill jar 3/4 way with water
- Add cranberries to jar (they will float to the top)
- Place floating candle on top of berries (flush with -or just above- water level)
- Light candle!