I saw the inspiration for this recipe on The Chew – and tweaked it a little for our dinner tonight. I was so pleasantly surprised with how tasty (and super filling!) this main dish was – in fact, after this and a side of broccoli I was too stuffed to attempt to eat my salad.
Makes: 2 servings
You will need:
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 can of tuna
- 1 TBSP fat free mayonnaise (or substitute fat free Greek yogurt)
- 1 TBSP red onion, diced
- 2 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Slice sweet potato in half lengthwise. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and lay potatoes cut side down on tray.
- Bake until potatoes are tender – about 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the size of the potato.
- Remove potato from oven. While potato cools, mix tuna, onion, mayo and basil together. Feel free to add more mayo to achieve your desired consistency – I like mine on the drier side.
- Top potato with tuna and then shredded cheese.
- Place in oven under broiler until cheese melts – about 1 to 3 minutes.