So much goodness in one word.
I tend to forget two things about quiche: how utterly delicious and versatile they are and how deliriously easy they are to make. Seriously.
You can literally substitute any of the ingredients that I used for food that you’d prefer. Aside from the eggs and pie crust, these puppies can be with meat, without meat, with cheese, veggies, etc. Be creative and make your quiche according to your family’s fave foods.
Quiche works for a meal at ANY time of day – it makes a quick and tasty breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Makes: 4-6 servings
You will need:
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Optional: 1/2 Cup milk or heavy cream
- Optional: Veggies (I used roasted asparagus tips, mushrooms, onion, spinach leaves)
- Optional: Breakfast meat, cooked and cubed (I used ham)
- Optional: Cheese (I used mozzarella slices)
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Saute veggies in olive oil over medium heat
- Add breakfast meat to the mixture
- Add veggie/meat mixture and cheese to the pie crust
- Combine eggs, milk/cream, salt and pepper and pour into pie crust, over the vegetables and meat
- Bake for 45 minutes – until the eggs have set