I was playing around with different 4th of July dessert ideas and this one has CUTE and SIMPLE all over it. I love that just by changing your sprinkles, you can use this dessert for any occasion or holiday.
You may notice that I actually made these inside the freezer. It’s dreadfully hot here so I worked in the freezer to keep the ice cream sandwiches from becoming a sloppy melty mess.
You will need:
- Box of ice cream sandwiches
- Sprinkles (any color/shape)
- Wax paper
How to make:
- Dump a small pile of sprinkles on wax paper.
- Unwrap an ice cream sandwich and use the wrapper to hold on to the sandwich (otherwise the heat from your fingers will start to melt the cookie part).
- Dip each side of the sandwich into the sprinkles.
- That’s it!
- You can stack your finished sandwiches on a plate, separating layers with pieces of wax paper.
- Store in the freezer until you are ready to serve them.