Now, I am going to call this one “salad” for lack of a better word. I would say it’s actually more of a “fresh, cold, summer side dish for when your garden is spewing tomatoes and you can’t bear the idea of heating up the kitchen to cook.”
Simple and delicious.
Some of my friends drizzle a little bit of olive oil over the tomatoes – I skip this ingredient to cut out the extra fat.
Makes: 2 servings
You will need:
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- fresh mozzarella ball, 1 slice per tomato slice
- fresh basil, 2-3 leaves per tomato slice
- cracked pepper
- olive oil, optional
How to make:
- Slice tomato and lay slices on a plate or platter
- Sprinkle with cracked pepper
- Place 1-2 slices of mozzarella on each tomato slice
- Place several fresh basil leaves on each tomato slice