This recipe takes me waaaaaay back – my mom used to make this often and definitely every year at Easter and Thanksgiving.
It’s as simple as it gets – and super tasty to boot!
You will need:
- 3 heads of broccoli (crowns cut and rinsed)
- 1/4 Cup of milk
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1/2 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1/4 Cup butter (firm)
How to make:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add broccoli. Cook until just tender.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain broccoli and transfer to a greased baking dish. I use a 9×13 glass dish.
- In a bowl, mix soup and milk. Pour over broccoli.
- Spread shredded cheddar cheese over top of broccoli.
- Cut butter into small pieces and mix into Bisquick.
- Top entire casserole with Bisquick/butter mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees until cheese is melted and top is lightly browned.