I found this recipe at Dashing Dish – and whipped up a batch for myself! They are tasty and a lowfat breakfast option that I can grab and eat on the go.
Makes: 12 muffins
You will need:
- 2 1/2 Cups Oats (old fashioned, not quick cooking)
- 1 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Baking stevia OR 1 cup sweetener of choice that measures like sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup Strawberries, rinsed and diced(optional 1/2 cup strawberries, diced to place on top of muffins)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Rinse strawberries and dice them. Keep 1/2 cup aside to place on top of muffins.
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until the oats are smooth.
- Divide evenly among muffin tin.
- Top with remaining strawberries (optional).
- Bake for 25 minutes (or until an inserted fork comes out clean).
I had enough ingredients left to make one more batch – so I made some more muffins but this time with blueberries.