There is one side dish that is almost ALWAYS present when I host a holiday meal. Twice Baked Potatoes is a simple (SIMPLE!) recipe that my mom used to make and everyone always enjoys. It’s basically mashed potatoes, kicked up a tiny notch.
Makes: 10 – 12 servings
You will need:
8 large baking potatoes (rinsed, peeled)
8 oz sour cream
8 oz cream cheese
How to make:
1. Place peeled potatoes in a large pot. Fill with water until the water covers all of the potatoes.
2. Bring potatoes to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking until potatoes are completely cooked (soft and mushy all the way through).
3. Drain potatoes and return them to the pot.
4. Add sour cream and cream cheese to pot.
5. Whip potatoes with a hand mixer until ingredients are well-blended and they are the desired consistency – lumpy, smooth or in between – you choose!
6. Place potatoes in a casserole dish and bake at 325 F until the top is slightly browned (about 1 hour).