The crowing jewel to our Christmas Eve dinner – brownie bite strawberry santa hats! These things taste as sweet as they look, you’ll find it hard not to pop one, two, three… We couldn’t believe how easy these treats were to make – and a big shortcut was to pick up a container of round brownie bites from BJ’s. If you can’t find a grocer that stocks them, you’ll have to bake up a batch of brownies and use a round cookie cutter to make your circles (which still won’t take you too awfully long).
I found the inspiration for these treats on I Heart Naptime.
To make them you will need:
Fresh Strawberries (rinsed, hulled)
1/2 cup unsalted butter -softened
3 cups powdered sugar
3 TBSP half and half
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Arrange brownie bites on a tray.
2. Make frosting: combine butter, sugar, half and half and vanilla in a bowl. Beat with a mixer for 2 minutes or until it becomes fluffy.
3. Place your frosting in a ziploc bag and snip the corner to make a piping bag.
4. Swirl frosting on top of each brownie.
5. Top each brownie with a strawberry, cut side down (pointy side up).
6. Dot the top of each strawberry with a tiny bit of frosting.
7. Refrigerate until ready to serve.