If you’re looking to be a little adventurous… to take a small walk on the wild side… to watch two tasty worlds collide… look no further!
The other night we made my friend Steph’s Buffalo Chicken Pizza for the first time. We have had it a second time since then BECAUSE IT WAS THAT GOOD. Now, she actually grills her pizza. On a grill. Outside. I fully intend to give that method a whirl just as soon as we defrost the barbecue thanks to this POLAR VORTEX nonsense. You can check it out here.
As you might imagine, this pizza packs a little bit of a spicy punch. You can control the heat by choosing a mild or hotter wing sauce. We used mild and it was still fairly hot for me – but I am a total wuss when it comes to heat!
You will need:
Pizza dough (pre-made from the store or you can use my pizza dough recipe to make your own)
1/2 cup wing sauce (choose your heat level! You can also use hot sauce if you prefer.)
1 cup marinara sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
1 cup shredded cooked chicken
How to make:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Roll out your pizza dough to about 1/8″ thick.
3. Toss chicken in wing sauce.
4. Spread sauce over the pizza dough.
5. Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses over the sauce.
6. Top with chicken and sprinkle with blue cheese.
7. Bake until the cheese is melted and the bottom of the dough is set. (Ours baked for about 20-25 minutes.)