I love fries.
When I was little, here is a conversation you might have overheard in my Kindergarten class:
Teacher: What would you like to be when you grow up?
Nicole: A doctor!
Joey: A police officer!
Jessie: A cheerleader!
Me: I want to work at McDonald’s when I grow up so I can eat all the fries I want!
That is a true story. That’s rather sad.
Sweet potato fries are a healthier twister on their white starchy counterparts. They are baked and not fried, which obviously just adds to the nutritional benefit. We like to enjoy these fries as a side dish to burgers, sandwiches or pizza!
You will need:
- 2 sweet potatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Rinse sweet potatoes and pat dry.
- Peel sweet potatoes.
- Slice sweet potatoes into fry strips
- Place sweet potatoes in a gallon freezer bag. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over fries. Seal bag and shake to coat fries.
- Spread fries in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle fries with cinnamon and then salt.
- Bake fries for about 45 minutes (until slightly brown and cooked through). Flip fries over halfway through baking.