Everyone knows how to make Rice Crispy Treats. Here is a super simple twist for Valentine’s Day to make your treats extra special. This is also perfect for little hands to help out with!
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Crispy Rice Cereal
- red food coloring
- white chocolate chips, if desired
1. To begin, lightly coat a 10- by 15-inch baking sheet with cooking spray and set it aside.
2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir continuously until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in drops of red food coloring until the color receives a thumbs-up from the chef.
4. Add Crispy Rice Cereal. Stir until they are evenly and well coated.
5. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
6. Cool slightly. Cut out hearts with the cookie cutter. Place hearts in a clear plastic bag or on a plate and they’re ready for giving.
**MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow the rest of the steps as noted above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
**I split the batter in half and kept some to cut for squares and some to cut out for hearts. That way, I was able to make a tray with squares for the adults and bite sized hearts for the kids.
I know the possibilities are endless with this dessert, but I made a special heart for my husband. Since my husband loves white chocolate, I melted some white chocolate chips and drizzled it over the big heart. YUM!
Thanks to Amy at Chasing Tiny Feet for sharing this tasty recipe with us!